May 22, 2010

Peace, Love, and So Much Happiness


Tonight Alan and I celebrate our first anniversary. The last year has gone by so quickly, and it has easily been the happiest year of my life. This last year has encompassed so much with doing amazing internships, graduating college, seeing friends get married, and lots of other big events. I am so happy that I got to have him with me. Most of you know that I had to try a long time to get Alan to ask me out. A very. long. time. But I am now able to say that maybe the wait was worth it. He was my best friend, and then I got to have him as my boyfriend. Score.

We tested our relationship early on, with going on a trip to New Mexico the first month we were dating. Normally my buttons get pushed fairly easy when traveling. However, he is by far the BEST person to road trip with. We had a smashing time and now we look forward to the day we get to move to New Mexico and call it home someday. We have done more traveling together since then and they are my favorite times away from home. We have such an amazing time finding odd shops, old churches and zendos, horses on the side of the road, amazing Japanese fusion restaurants, and old town museums. All spectacular vacations.

I had to get used to Alan taking pictures like this.
This is his photo face. Seriously.
Taken in a petting zoo in New Mexico.
How about this photo face? He really does like me, I promise.
Taken at a friend's picnic wedding.
I'm not making this up, guys.
That's more like it.
Taken at the same picnic wedding.
Taken on more travels to Arkansas where we ran around the mountains and through old cemeteries. What a fun trip!

Last summer at a friend's birthday.
At my college graduation last month. And yes, that is a sweet blue wig I have on.
We are quite the pair, let me tell you. We go together like peas 'n carrots. Or peace 'n carrots. I love you Alan, to the moon and back!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys! Ps, that is a fabulous wig your wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww too cute.

    I have not met this Alan...but he seems like good people! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you wore your wig to graduation!

    ReplyDelete