Last night Alan and I had a friend over for dinner. Mary had mentioned wanting to learn more about vegan foods, how to cook a few things, and wanted to learn more about what vitamins and other supplements would be good for her. She brought some wine and after we told her about foods and vitamins, she taught us about wine. We didn't know any of what she told us, so it was an educational exchange that was so much fun! Mary told us that White Zinfindel is like the soda or Kool-aid of the wine world. Its got hardly any wine and is more sweetners and extra junk to give it taste. So, now I know.
I showed her some of my tried-and-true vegan recipes: Mac & Cheez, Spinach Alfredo Pizza, and Avocado/Banana/Date pudding. I tried to take photos as I cooked, so I will be posting them with the recipes soon. Alan and I have been so busy with working on the house that we haven't had much time to cook or eat dinner for the last couple of weeks. It was nice getting back in the kitchen and eating good food, as opposed to our pb&j's that we've been enjoying at the house while covered in paint.
I've been meaning to try out some new recipes for a change of cooking scenery, and I think I've found just the recipe to try out. It looks so incredibly good, I must try to make these Fresh Spring Rolls. Living in the Asian District, there are several Asian grocery stores within walking distance that have all the ingredients listed. If you ever get the chance, stop into the Super Cao Nguyen or China Town Market. Both are a lot of fun to look through, and if you're lucky, Alan would happily go with you to tell you about all the exotic foods and what to do with them. I love going there with him. We always ending up buying the craziest foods, and sharing tons of laughs.
No comments:
Post a Comment