May 5, 2010

Remodel O' Fun Commences!

The first point of business in the remodel o' fun: the kitchen. Alan and I easily gained about 20 pounds a piece when we started dating (that we're yet to drop and keep off), because we spend way too much time in the kitchen. Maybe what we should do is not remodel the kitchen, so we won't go in there. Then we'll lose plenty of weight. Maybe? Probably not. But anyway, we love good food. We enjoy spending time listening to music as we cook crazy things together, we enjoy mixing drinks and swaying to said music in there, and just like being in the heart of every home. But, our kitchen is small. And it needs help. It will be the biggest project of the entire remodel. We're talking completely new ceiling, new appliances, new flooring, new wall color and tiles...the works! It will not be a small job. However, with the help of friends and some home design books and general know-how, we are going to go it alone. Here's hoping it turns out okay. Knowing what we were planning to undertake, I have been saving pictures of kitchens online that I like for inspiration. Unfortunately, I have not saved the information for photo credits. Sorry if I post a picture of your kitchen on here. I promise I did not sneak in under the cloak of night and take photos of your home.


Isn't this back splash amazing? Seriously considering it.


Another option that I. Love.

I've always been a fan of the checked vinyl floor.

But what about this colorful option? Ignore the man in the chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment