Have you ever read The Five People You Meet in Heaven? I read it when I was a teenager. It was good. A bit of it that I particularly liked has really been a part of me lately. In the book, on his journey to heaven, the main character meets other people, who died before him, in their own personal heaven. He meets his wife at one point, and her version of heaven is one of weddings. Wedding after wedding after wedding. The weddings are all different, different couples, different religions, different times and places.
She explains to her husband that she always liked weddings because there is so much optimism in the air. "The truly believe their love and marriage are going to break all the records," she says to him. Except for some exceptions, most people believe their marriage will last forever because they love each other like no one has ever known.
I, like the character, love weddings. I love being there, seeing the couple's faces, feeling love in the air, watching them hold hands as they walk down an aisle together, etc. I love looking at photos of people's weddings and seeing every bit of what they decided would be part of the day they would remember forever.







No comments:
Post a Comment