I kind of followed my standard way I fix chilli and gumbo, so it ended up a bit like both.
I hope you try it. I hope you enjoy. Be warned that Alan and I eat things fairly spicy. You may want to tone down the spices for your own.
Green Chile Chickpea Gumbo
2 Tbl Earth Balance margarine
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbl dried, crushed green chiles
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 yellow onion, diced
2 orange bell peppers, diced
1 cup brewed coffee
5 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 can chickpeas, drained
1 cup broccoli florets
2 links Field Roast vegan Chipotle sausage, sliced into bite sized rounds
4 cups cooked rice of your choice (I used brown Basmati rice)
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium high heat .
- Add spices and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add onion and bell pepper, saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, broccoli and coffee. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes.
I ate mine spooned onto raw cabbage leaves, which I highly recommend!
No comments:
Post a Comment