March 26, 2011

What Would You Do With Over $300 Million???

Recently, the lottery reached over 300 million dollars. I still doubt that I could ever even wrap my head around that large an amount of money, but Alan and I have had a great time discussing what we would do. Neither of us are gamblin' folks, but its fun to pretend. Some highlights from our fantasy list:
  1. Get married. ASAP! :-)
  2. Hire someone to come finish the remodel of our home. We have enjoyed doing it (mostly) all by ourselves, but given the chance (and $300 million) we would be done with it.
  3. Buy land in New Mexico and build our dream house.
  4. Buy a pickup truck. Neither of us are pickup people, but we are always bemoaning the fact that we don't have one, and how handy one would be for haulin' stuff. Haulin' all that cash!
  5. Quit working full-time jobs. We both agree we would have to stay working at least part-time to stay busy, but we would leave our jobs and work volunteering for local charities, our church and monastery, etc.
  6. Keep our home here as a rental property.
  7. Adopt children. ASAP!
  8. Set up college funds for kids.
  9. Donate money like crazy.
  10. Have a great time.
Oh, and we'd also keep it anonymous. We feel that life would be much better if others didn't know that we won jabillions of cash monies. So who knows? Maybe Alan and I did win that money. Guess you'll never know...

2 comments:

  1. I think a sizeable donation should also be made to the Suntory fund.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon. Bottles will be purchased. And then transported to Arkansas. Bottles. Plural.

    ReplyDelete