Here is the wall color. The ceiling will be a white beadboard, with a raw sweet potato color on all the walls.

The backsplash I have finally decided on. It will be a white subway tile with the grout gapping just like these. I was uncertain about how to do the backsplash until I saw this kitchen. I practically squealed when I saw the spacing in this tile. I am fairly obsessed with this tiniest aspect.

The kitchen countertops!!! They will be made out of recycled bowling alley lane! Are you as excited as I am???

The cabinetry will be a teal/aqua blue like these to go with the sweet potato colored walls.
Btw, this is the kitchen of one, Ms. Julia Child!!! It is now in the Smithsonian. Isn't it amazing? I would kill for the space to have a pegboard pot rack!

There will be white, open shelving like this along the wall above the sink.
A much smaller version of this lighting will be made for the pendant lamp that will hang over the kitchen table. I posted this in a previous blog, but incase you didn't see it...this is made out of old eyeglass lenses. I cannot wait to have this finished and up!

*Sidenote: This is something we are over the moon excited about, but...our kitchen will be kosher. Being vegetarians, we are so incredibly excited to have a kitchen where meat was never cooked. Since we have replaced the walls, ceilings, stove, refrigerator, etc....it will be a space where meat has never been. Again, over the moon excited!

I LOVE all of the ideas and I'm looking forward to seeing pics documenting the progress!
ReplyDelete